IT | EN

Once upon a time...

Thurnstein Castle is first mentioned in 1276 as Thurm Platzleid. In 1282, the castle was enfeoffed to Konrad Milser by Count Meinhard of Tyrol. The southern wing was added to the tower in the 16th century, whereas the northern wing was built in the 18th century.  

The name Thurnstein first appears in 1478. The castle kept changing hands until the turn of the 17th century when it came into the possession of the von Egen family whose descendants still run it as a restaurant today.